Thursday, September 4, 2008

Always There

Why does it always feel like when we need some help we run across someone who needs it more? Ok maybe it doesn't happen to everyone but it sure seems to happen to me quite frequently. Through these ordeals I've come to learn a couple of lessons: 1) Have an attitude of grattitude and 2) the Lord is always, and will always be there.
Not more than a few moments ago I was laying in bed going over in mind kind some things that were troubling me. Just some thoughts and feelings that I've been going over for a couple of weeks now. As I lay there thinking/conversing with the Lord I received a message from a friend that I haven't talked with in a while. This friend wanted to see how things were going not just as a formality to our friendship but also wanted to know how I was doing mentally/emotionally as well. I thought it kind of ironic that she would ask that question. However, we never really did get into the subject of how I was doing because I noticed that it was she that really could benefit from someone to talk to. Nothing serious, just a friendly ear and some quirky remarks.
What did I learn from this? The most important lesson is that no matter what the situation, the Lord is always there to bless and help is children. He works by small and simple means, very simple means if I'm one of those ways. Sometimes it's when we step out of our own problems to be that "friendly ear" for someone else we realize that all will be well. Our problems might not be resolved easily, but we can take comfort in knowing that they will just as we were there to help our friends. When we're there for others we will realize that the Lord is there for us. We can take comfort in Elder Scott's counsel on receiving answers for our prayers when he said that many times we won't receive a specific answer, but a peace knowing that our prayers have been heard and will be answered.

No comments: